Saturday, June 27 at 2 p.m. – Sunday, June 28, 2015 at 3 p.m.
Watch the 10,000 Postures here.
We who study T’ai-Chi know the promise of its benefits, and when we practice the form and come to class regularly, we feel better physically and emotionally, think more clearly and peacefully, and nurture a deep and enduring discipline. This is why Master Liang devoted his life to the study, practice and teaching of T’ai-Chi and why our instructors and studio continue the dissemination of the art.
Night (and Day) of 10,000 Postures was conceived as a way of sharing T’ai-Chi with friends and family, increasing our membership, while raising funds for the Studio. 10,000 Postures is twenty-five continuous hours of doing the T’ai-Chi form, beginning Saturday, June 27 at 2 PM and ending Sunday, June 28 at 3 PM, which, if we have people practicing T’ai-Chi that whole time, should come close to achieving 10,000 postures!
We ask for your support of 10,000 Postures in one or more of the following ways:
Before the event
- Sign up for a shift. As Sifu Ray explains it, time is an element in Taoist alchemy; doing the form over a sustained period of time is like the cultivation of a pearl and becomes increasingly more refined with each layer. Participants who raise at least $30 in donations can receive a special commemorative t-shirt with a logo designed by graphic artist, and Studio member Amy Bohn. Sign-up sheet for shift assignments will be posted on the mirror at the studio.
- Make a pledge. Twin Cities T’ai-Chi Ch’uan Studio (TCTTCS) is a gem in the heart of St Paul because of the high quality teachings maintained by methodical practice and study. Our instructors, Ray Hayward and Paul Abdella teach, preserve, and promote Yang-style T’ai-Chi Ch’uan and related internal arts as a living Chinese cultural tradition. Every small contribution gets us closer to our goal of raising $5000. If each studio member raises at least $25 dollars, we are halfway to reaching our goal. Our studio no longer has the sustaining support from a foundation making this Webathon a key fundraiser that brings our T’ai-Chi community towards financial stability. Is your donation tax-deductible? Absolutely! Since TCTTCS is a 501(c)(3) organization, your contribution is tax-deductible. Share and follow this link to donate online: http://tctaichi.org/classes/financial
- Share it, Tweet it, Like it! Share and Post the event on your Facebook page. Let your followers know about the healthy practice we share TCTCCS and how it is important to YOU! Follow our Twitter feed @TC_TaiChiChuan.
- Ask friends, family, or employers to make a pledge Employers may offer donation matching programs. Inquire about publicizing a matching grant and help them help us! Find our match letter here.
During the event
- Stop by the Studio to observe and support classmates doing the T’ai-Chi form. Join in if you like! Benches will be set up, and a potluck style snack table will keep you going. Consider supporting the event with food for the table.
- Bring friends and family to the Studio during the event, where they will have the opportunity of watching the form and experiencing the spirit of T’ai-Chi: relaxation, healing and awareness for all.
- Check out the webcast: live-streaming on our website plus updates and photos posted on Facebook and Twitter throughout the event. Stay tuned for details on how to access the feed online.
If every studio member raises $25 and gets at least one matching $25 pledge, we will succeed in introducing over 100 new people to the healthful benefits of T’ai-Chi, sustaining this authentic Yang-style lineage, potentially increasing our membership, and raising $5000 for our T’ai-Chi community.
Twin Cities T’ai-Chi Ch’uan
Listen to just a few T’ai-Chi Stories by viewing the video links below.